"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Monday, June 13, 2011

Puma.

Saw this guy yesterday. He was sniffing a sweatshirt I'd stached on the side of the road, while out on a jog. I think he was taking notes on how best to stalk me.



Cool Cougar facts.

-Can jump 17' into the air from standing (Yes, that is approx a second story window), and 60' in distance while running.
-Successful in killing prey 8 out of 10 tries. (In comparison, wolves are successful less than 3 of 10).
-Takes down a deer a week, or every three days when with young.
-When mating, cougars will bone 60+ times a day for up to a week.
-Has a roar capable of producing sudden onset urination in even the most hardened woodsman.

1 comment:

  1. how do i sign up to be a mountain cat? this fits me.

    ReplyDelete