"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Vision Quests, Choss Monsters, and Pikas.

I've been to the North East section of Glacier multiple times in the last couple of years, and each time I've wanted to come back for two separate but equally alluring reasons: Fly fishing on the Belly River, and climbing Chief Mountain. Sarah, Beau, and I took a short break from the child slavery ring we operate, and set out to do both. Our plan was to complete fish the Belly while hiking to Slide Lake, then climbing Chief the next day via the Lee Ridge trail. Turns out my eyes were bigger than my stomach.


South Fork of the Two Medicine River from our campsite.


All meat dinner on a stick.


Sarah and Beau. Gable pass on the way to slide lake.




Slide Lake.


Pika! Cool Facts: North America's smallest rabbit. Farms decomposed poisonous plants during the winter. Pees out crystals to conserve energy. The real life basis of Pikachu.


My camera ran out of batteries before we started the climb so I am just going to have to leave you with this photo taken last month. Chief a choss odyssy but the views were absurd. A Canuck took our picture and promised to email me so I might have some proof eventually... stinking canucks.

2 comments:

  1. Running out of batteries, a real bone head move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so is trying fast, mini BBs. i've seen first hand how you destroy loaves of challah bread, humas, wheat thins, and nasty sandwich meats.

    Goddamn Chief Mtn looks mega

    ReplyDelete