"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Friday, November 4, 2011

hunter's orange

...no climbing nor much else. to busy learning that hunting is time consuming, and involves waking up at ungodly hours.


nature's orange


first light, opening day. whitefish mts.

P.S. I went mt. biking at lewis and clark caverns state park and was impressed by the amount of limestone along the Jefferson. Does anybody know why this area has not been bolted for climbing? Perhaps some of that maddy limestone is chossy (as per usual), but the wall were the cave is looks excellent. Beta please!

3 comments:

  1. I heard that the FWP doesn't allow climbing within the park...either way, I'm pretty sure they would shit if lines started going up within the park area(especially near the cave entrance).

    Across the river could have some potential...though accessing it is problematic. Plus it's limestone...you have lifetimes of granite out the back door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that may well be the case with FWP. Seems funny considering the paved roads and power lines they have running through the park, that they'ed be concerned with a couple bolts.

    Yeah I agree with the about the granite situation, but I like a little limestone here and there. Something like indian creek (near Towsend) would be stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link up with Kevin and Pauly...they've been developing some new limestone and it looks pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete