"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

pockets and puppies.

Summer has been a stellar break from the monotony of school. I've been trying to continue climbing, though lounging and gluttonous BBQing generally seem to be winning out. In Missoula for Sarah's graduation I managed to get down to both loho and lolo, and remembered why i was always able to stay psyched while in Missoula. Here are some photogs (compliments of Ryan "Outee" Nelson) of an excellent afternoon session with Ryan, Brandon and Molly.
Molly hiking an excellent and large unknown problem (v3/4?) ***
Brandon attempting a repeat of his problem "The things they carried." (v6/7)
Myself attempting to tack on a very cool sit start from the hueco. Neat beta and a monster sloper.
Unfortunately, it appears I lack Brandon's toughness/love of mantles. After getting through the sit three times I was not able to beach my whale. Apparently I never properly caught the only top out hold which mainly involves a half pad pinky pocket. Shit.
And finally, I got my self a new climbing buddy. Hopefully she'll learn that peeing on a crash pad is an unforgivable sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment