"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Goats.

 West Goat Peak is another mountain that's been calling my name ever since I moved to Butte. You can really only go into a range so many times before you want to bag the highpoint. At 10,973, that happens to be W. Goat. 

As I drove down the Big Hole, I was excited to notice that a night rainstorm seemed finally quelled the smoke. The sun was out, the aspens were golden, and W. Goat was looming over the valley south of Wise River... and it was at that moment I realized that I'd forgotten my god-damn camera. 

Overall the high point of the Anaconda's was a big day. Not technical at all, but quite long. I'm not sure on the mileage, but I'd bet on upwards of sixteen (I did it as a loop bagging East Goat in the process) with 4,500 of elevation. 

I ripped these photos from Summitpost... the quality blows. Sorry. 
West and East Goat as seen from Warren peak.


 Looking towards the summit from the Lost Lake cirque. 

Enough hiking for the weekend. The Lord's day is for bouldering.

No comments:

Post a Comment