"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Powell Ridge.

Suffering from an unfortunate hangover Saturday morning, I decided that bagging a peak would be a good cure that involved minimal social interaction. Too bad plans formulated while dehydrated and with a pounding headache are rarely good ones. The idea was to do Mount Powell, which is by no means a difficult peak. However, I didn't get to the trailhead until 11:30, made up my own route, did not bring enough water, and forgot all my food in the truck. Awesome! ...Apparently I am not smart enough to be out alone. With that said I never died, and only had to bushwack for a couple miles.


A photo of Powell I took earlier this fall.



My route went up the less impressive Deer Lodge Mt. (at right), then traversed the long ridge to Mt. Powell (at left).


Mt. Powell and its crater like cirque as seen from Deer Lodge Mt. I traversed the ridge at left.


Chain of lakes in the Flynt Creek Range.

3 comments:

  1. Dude there were a billion boulder the size of small cars but nothing of decent size. I have however, seen quite a few gems around Butte. If you wanna get your FA on lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furrreal. Wanna go prairie bouldering in a couple of weeks? East of the mountains...granite-ish. Where around butte? when the snow flies, i'll be headed your way.

    ReplyDelete