"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Monday, March 19, 2012

back to the butt(e)hole

Whelp, spring break has come and gone. I had pretty lofty ambitions (sort of), and managed to accomplish almost none of them. And that is just fine with me. I did however manage to ...

Ski into the old growth wonderland of Monture Creek (and create an excellent and incredibly crass snowman near the creek's headwaters... lichen allows for a variety of body hair you don't normally see on snowmen)

Use a chainsaw on the family ranch. Alone. Out of cell phone service. Balanced on a ladder. Cutting down roof beams from an old barn. Yeah, man stuff.

Catch some March Browns on the Bighorn.

See the season's first griz tracks on the East Rosebud trail.

...And watch a shit-ton of March Madness. I don't even like basketball.

Also, I've started training for the Grizzlyman Adventure Race in Missoula, because apparently climbing is not masochistic enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment