"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Monday, March 5, 2012

Lagging Time

Yep, did not post for a while there... Once again, this is mostly due to my aversion to essay based blogging. ...it always seems to come of douchy. Anyhoo, things have been happening. Mostly in the genres of ski touring and climbing.

Here are some pics compliments of John David of my ski up the North Fork of the Blackfoot. The best part of this trip was the fact that the plan was concocted on a bar stool the night prior. Normally this results in a 10am wake up and a half-ass day of changing plans, but in this case: Success!

For you ignorant sonsabitches not in the know, The N. Fork of the Blackie hits the main stem just east of Ovando. This is one of the most beautiful rivers I have ever seen. The river flows though large precambrian boulders (choss), in a deep walled canyon, lined with old-growth larch. I can just imagine running out a fat bull trout... not that I would ever do that (Its illegal to target Bull Trout.)

Enough writing, here be the pics.


Charred from the epic 1988 Canyon Creek fire, which burned 250,000 acres in 1988. Second biggest fire in the state's history.



Breaking trail.


Skiing on top of the frozen river.


JD in front of the Scapegoat wilderness boundary sign.


There be avalanches in these parts. This particular on damned the river... I probably should not be standing here.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get back on track with the regular updates.

Jombo.

1 comment: