"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Orphan Girl (a Butte gem)





I found this little beauty a while back but was never sure it was worth it to establish a problem that was completely isolated from other worthy stone. After revisiting it on a hike however I decided that is what makes this problem more compelling. Steep moves, scary top out, pretty scenery, perched high above a creek. I'm convinced its one of the better problems for its grade in the batholith, especially for the Buttian side of the pass. The stone is typical of the west side, but overall very solid, and will only get better with more climbing.

Here is a little video I made. This blog is getting classier by the day. 



2 comments:

  1. Shit yes! Great looking problem, nice send!

    Sporadic or not, keep it up! Seems like everything gets closer together with time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice kicks. and send. mantle much? also, what's your dog's name and how did the humane society allow you to be a provider for a living organism?

    ReplyDelete