"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So long Butte, America


My last final of summer session is on Friday and (with all due respect to the lovely city of Butte) I am immediately getting the hell out-of-dodge. My old boss informed me that a spot opened up on the Glacier Institute's Big Creek crew for the end of July-Aug. Well twist my arm. Spend another month on the N Fork? Yes please. 

While I will probably be spending the majority of my time making hundreds of PB&J's, putting band-aids on non-existent wounds, and yelling at little boys not to pee on the bunkhouse toilet seat, I might also get a little recreating in.

 Here are a couple peaks that are on the chopping bloc this year. While I'm sure my plans will change once I'm actually back in the Flathead, I always like to have a little motivation going in.

Wilbur

Bearhat

Bishop's Cap

Rising Wolf (preferably in conjunction with Red Plume and Bad Marriage)

With any luck the rest of my summer posts will be from the north country... which due to the shitty nature of Big Creek's generator means they will probably be sporadic.

No comments:

Post a Comment