"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daydreams: Brought to you from the Montana Tech Library

Once again, Montana Tech (my lovely university) has been recognized as one of the top ten schools, in the United States, for student dissatisfaction. (To be fair, all ten schools were either fellow engineering schools or military academies... neither of which generally enjoy a reasonable guy/girl ratio.)

I am no exception. Calc III is roughly a billion time less fun than scamming on ladies in art appreciation, at the good-ol' Uof M. 

Instead, I find myself staring out the library window at the Anacondas, procrastinating and making tick lists. 

 Peaks climbed (at left) and on the agenda (at right), organized by region. Compliments of my Environmental Sampling notebook. 


 Howe, Evans and Haggin respectively. As seen from the Natural Resources building on campus. 


Bagging Howe and Evans in tandem via their connecting ridge-line has been on my mind all summer.  While I should have been doing physics I pulled up the topo... Looks good to me.

Tomorrow the high temp for Butte is 45 degrees, which may well mark the full transition to climbing season... Sending temps.

2 comments:

  1. Tweedy and Torrey could easily be done in a day together. From the parking lot to the top of Torrey can't be more than 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been wondering about that one as well. The ridge between them looked gnarley from Torry lake though. I think maybe best bet would be to bag Torrey, bomb back to the car, drive to the starting point for Tweedy and then sprint up that as well. ...Bring your headlamp.

    ReplyDelete