"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it." H.L. Menken

Saturday, October 6, 2012

rocktober

I've been sprinting out to Lucky Strike whenever my class schedule, the weather, and my tips will allow. New problems keep springing up, but the list of projects seems to be compiling even faster. So far roughly thirty problems have been established. Its been fun getting back into shape on fresh stone, as it does not come with the usual frustration of flailing on problems I have done with ease in the past. The disadvantage however, is that we have no idea what to grade anything. Kyle and I were talking about it, and I don't believe we've climbed on a previously established problem all fall, which equates to no fame of reference. ...Not that it matters much. 


 Looking out to the Sky Ranch Arete, with Red Mtn and the Highlands in the background.


 Sky Ranch arete up close. Double heel hooks?


 Looking into the clusters of the two main hills of Lucky Strike.


Zooming in on the "Red Light district."

Well my clothes once again smell like campfire, which me sending season is upon us. Leaving for the Limestone of Townsend in 20 minutes, assuming I can find my harness. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Looks like a wonderful zone!

    Grade consolidation comes with time. Give it your best guess...and a name.

    Glad you're staying busy on the west side! Hope to see ya at the bash.

    ReplyDelete